This will be the last weekend for my house guest. It was a lesson for both of us. So far I think I have learned the most. These are a few points I would like to share when offering up your home to guests.
- Have a set time limit, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, etc...
- use the words: "lets see how it goes" this gives you the option out
- make house rules REALLY REALLY CLEAR
- WRITE THEM DOWN IF NOT CLEAR AFTER THE FIRST WEEK
- if the rules are not being followed, use the words,"I'd like you to make other arrangements"
- In other words, I want my house back!
- don't feel guilty! Remember you opened your home up to someone in need, the golden rule must be adhered to.
- try to imagine being in their shoes, if what you imagine you would do is way different than what is happening then its time to say goodbye.