Welcome to MonPetit Bleu! The little blue garden created with love over the past 17 years using what was here, what was given to me, borrowed or traded and bought at the best possible price, transforming into a beautiful, lush and relaxing garden paradise.

WHAT IS HYDROPONIC GARDENING

Aquaponics 4 You

Thursday, May 22, 2014

SPRING IS ALIVE...WINTER BROUGHT DEATH TO MY GARDEN

Sweet Magnolia
she's history:(
It was a hard winter. I have lived in this home for over 17 years, and have never lost plants and trees to the winter like this one. It must have been the late freezing spell that seemed to hang on forever that did them in. My Lavender was one of the fatalities. I grew them from little twigs that I bought from Burgess mail order. They were the size of shrubs for the past seven years or so. Perhaps they have a life span?? Luckily I have been growing little starts in a separate garden space that I have found shooting up in the cracks of the brick path. Lavender is hardy, that is why I am so surprised. I also lost most of my grasses, but they are tricky, I never know if they will come back or not. A couple other little bushes are nearly gone, but still some life in them I may just leave them to see how they look. The other interesting occurance this winter brought was a miracle of sorts. The Weigela on the most western side of my house has never bloomed, and it is supposed to be a pink flower. This spring not only did it bloom but it's flower was that of a wisteria, yellow! Weird. Hope your winter brought you a miracle as well.
the end of my lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment