Welcome to MonPetit Bleu! The little blue garden created with love over the past 17 years using what was here, what was given to me, borrowed or traded and bought at the best possible price, transforming into a beautiful, lush and relaxing garden paradise.

WHAT IS HYDROPONIC GARDENING

Aquaponics 4 You

Sunday, June 1, 2014

THE GARDEN PATH

I have a series of paths throughout my yard and just finished creating a new one in my front yard that connects to my back yard. My friend was over yesterday for a visit and is always interested in seeing my garden and the changes taking place throughout the seasons. When I showed her the "new path" she said, "what's it for?"  My response was, "to walk on." But as I thought about it a path is so much more than that. I have a path that is covered in pea-gravel, my son and I dug out the path  4 inches deep and layed the foundation of the path and the black ground cover to prevent weeds from popping up. We then carried wheel barrow after wheel barrow of pea gravel to the path until it was finished. It took a few years to settle to the depth that I wanted it to be, but now, I love the sound and feel of it when I walk on it to my back yard. It is like an opening song for the main event, "My Garden."
Paths create a whimsical feel to your garden and the flow, they tell a story, and they lead you to secret places. A path is so much more than just to walk on.

No comments:

Post a Comment