Welcome to MonPetit Bleu! The little blue garden created with love over the past 17 years using what was here, what was given to me, borrowed or traded and bought at the best possible price, transforming into a beautiful, lush and relaxing garden paradise.

WHAT IS HYDROPONIC GARDENING

Aquaponics 4 You

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

HOW TO GET RID OF THIS NASTY WEED WITH THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK!

FINALLY A NON CHEMICAL SURE FIRE WAY TO GET RID OF THIS ONE NASTY WEED!

This really works!

carpet before removing
BOOyah! After 6 years of fighting with this nasty little weed known as "Morning Glory" I have finally rid it from my garden totally! Not one to rush out and buy chemicals. I began with natural weed killers, you know the ones. Vinegar, soap suds etc all without success as this innocent looking little weed is resilient to almost everything. This little guy has a very deep deep root system and sprawls out like fingers into all of your garden and into any neighboring gardens. I read somewhere that if you deprive it from any light it will die off. So here's what I did.
#1 I removed my veggie garden from that area first of all.
#2 I then dug out about 4 inches of soil, carefully removing any of the weed and relocated the soil to other areas of my yard.
#3 I then laid an old carpet down that fit the area perfectly and covered that with sand and on top of that created a small patio.
For six years this patio stood and up until this year I continued to attack any signs of the weed as soon as it's little head emerged. This year I removed the brick and the carpet as the "Morning Glory" is no more! She has sung her last song.
morning glory in someone else's garden
We have victory. If you have patience and persistence you can defeat most any weed in your garden and in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment